Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yay soccer hooligans

My second night in Germany, Lisa, John, and I were surrounded by five Croations with ski masks and billy clubs. They kept yelling something in very broken German. It took like 5 minutes to figure out that we werent' getting mugged at all?! They wanted to know who kicked the shit out of one of their's brother with brass knuckles (Germany lost to Croatia that evening) and needed to check our pockets. John doesn't know what the hell is going on (plus he's like a 6'2" marine and he's just yellin' in english for them to stop trying to get into his pockets) Lisa is translating for him and I'm buisy talking them out of swinging at us with their clubs, which they are brandishing in a whole-hearted and kind of amusing way. In the end, me talking, lisa translating (and being a girl) and john being a foreigner, convinced them that we weren't the particular Germans in question and they went a vanishin' into the night. Good times.

P.S. I would like to announce the existence of a Goth Mel Bizzarro.

3 comments:

Chifweto said...

wow Lasse, I think you just made this the best blog ever. You´re so German. Oh yea! I have a friend in Salvador that speaks german, and by friend I mean guy who is dependably drinking beer next to the same trailer every day (and night) oogling the morena (brunet) selling the beer with a pocket full of ´pop tops´ as his bill. we speak a most amusing hodge podge of germugueslish but my german has suffered terribly due to the abusive introduction of p

bitchincamero said...

Well, I was once a Goth for Halloween. I was quite breathtaking...

synthetictom said...

I'm surprised you didn't just heave a keg at them and call it a night.